Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 6, 2014

When things get bumpy, go higher!


On our flight returning home from our recent vacation/getaway we experienced moderate to severe turbulence.  We were flying from Orlando to Dallas last Saturday evening. An extreme cold front was moving in and as we flew back home we had to keep our seat belts fastened then entire trip.  The pilot would come on the speakers and warn us right before a very bumpy 5 to 15 minutes were beginning and instruct the attendants to take their seats as well.  I know from reading that turbulence is not to be feared but it is disconcerting nonetheless!  Finally after about 3 episodes of moderate to severe turbulence was endured, the pilot came on and told us he was seeking clearance to go higher, to take us up to an elevated altitude above and "find us some smoother air!"
Isn't that how we feel sometimes?  We are trying to reach our destination, we are living our life, pursuing our goals, and life can sometimes get moderately to severely bumpy!  It can even be scary regardless of our knowledge that bumpiness is to be expected and most endure it successfully, it can still be scary.  Isn't it also true in life, that if we look up, if we seek God as our life pilot, and trust Him to find us higher smoother air, He will!
Psalm 61:1- 2 "Hear my cry Oh God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."





1 comment:

  1. Great observation, Pam - I am so glad that in those "scary" or just "unsettling" times, we have the comfort of God and what he has shown us through His Word to bring us comfort and encouragement to press on! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete