Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2010

Three more weeks...


I have three weeks left of my summer break! I am going to savor every minute! I am so thankful to have a job I love, doing speech therapy, with wonderful breaks, hours, and holidays! I am blessed. I truly have the best of both worlds. I love being a pastor's wife AND I love having a professional job as well. I do love the congregation of members at First Baptist and I am so grateful for the amazing friendships we have there. The people are what make up "the church" and we are blessed with so many kind and sincere people who are serious about joining God at work in Grand Prairie!
OK, three weeks left before heading back to my caseload on three school campuses with awesome co-workers and precious students to help! What do I want to accomplish before heading back to that routine?
I want to get Bill's desk chair recovered, the leak fixed in the study, and I want to stroll the Dallas Arboretum and have a picnic there again with Bill (if we can find a time it's not too hot!). I want to finish the book I am reading, "Take Four" by Karen Kingsbury. I want to go to Houston and visit my daughter and we are going to take in some Astro's games too! I have three days I have to attend trainings for work and we have one more summer wedding to attend. Oh, and my new kitchen floor goes in next Monday! Thank you Farmer's insurance after my old dishwasher ruined the old wood floor! I'd also like to learn to shoot a gun and eventually buy and pack a pistol just for safety when I am on the road to Houston or driving on my own around the metroplex but that is not urgent, just a "want". I may wait to fulfill that "want" until the Fall. My bigger brother finds this absolutely hilarious! I am so glad to give him a silly thought and make him laugh so hard he can hardly walk! His baby sister wanting to pack heat, makes him laugh until he cries! This makes me smile!
hmmmmm..... That was a huge sign of contentment. I am just so happy, content, relaxed, and thankful. I am proud of my husband and kids, I love my job yet I am thrilled with my plan to retire from TRS in 3 years and then work maybe just 2 days a week doing speech therapy. I am loving joining God at work in Grand Prairie and at FBCGP with such energetic and enthusiastic people who love God and want to serve Him. I am enjoying reconnecting and keeping up with friends from high school and from every church God has placed us in over the years, through Facebook.
These 3 weeks will go fast, I know, so I better get off the computer and get busy making the most of every minute!

1 comment:

  1. I truly appreciate your positive, joyful posts. It is encouraging and inspiring to read about God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete