Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Intercession = standing in the gap for others

Ephesians 1:17-18 says, "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe!"
There are seasons of varying needs in the life of a minister. Right now is a high needs season. There are SO MANY right now, whom we are lifting up in prayer with very serious needs.
It is truly an honor and a privilege to stand in the gap and prayer prayers of intercession for others. It is amazing how at times like this, the expected feelings would be sadness, depression, and the feeling of being over whelmed and heavy burdened. Surprisingly God steps in and gives the intercessor an abundant amount of His Grace! I don't feel down but I am encouraged and hopeful! I am kneeling at the throne of the all powerful God who knows all, provides all, is all present and all sustaining. I am amazed and I am strengthened to continue to pray, intercede, pray on behalf of, and even plead with God for those I know and love.
Here are the precious ones I am currently lifting up to God in prayer:
The family of Carolyn Cavins as they grieve her recent passing;
The family of Bob Morton as they grieve his passing;
Chris Snow and his family as he fights cancer and we are confident he will beat this! Also praying for his precious daughter Carson as she prepares for dialysis;
Sarah Roberts as she so beautifully and bravely beats Leukemia! She is almost there!
My sweet Aunt Audrey who just lost her husband Tom Tope,
Her son and my cousin Bob Wimpee, as he has open heart surgery tomorrow at Baylor Hospital in Dallas.
Freddy Young as he recovers from major heart surgery! He is so precious and amazing!
Ray Bush as he recovers from Prostate Cancer surgery;
My sweet friend Lynn Patterson as she battles breast cancer;
A precious young pastor and his wife as they heal from resigning from a church and move on;
Elsie Calloway in the hospital with undiagnosed problem;
Ruth Brundrette who just fell and broke her hip last night;
The Snook family in Livingston as they face a new reality after suddenly losing Jay Snook;
I Chronicles 16:11 "Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually."
Lord I lift up these to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment