Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I love my Sunday School/Bible Study class!!

I am not sure if I was simply intoxicated by the wonderful aroma of donuts and coffee, but I found myself feeling extra thankful and blessed. (by the way, I don't eat donuts but they do smell wonderful!)  This morning as I was sitting in my Sunday School (Sunday morning Bible Study) Class, I was over whelmed with a feelings of peace, happiness, contentment, safety, security, camaraderie, humor, and joy!  I am so glad to be enrolled in the Median Adult Bible Study class on Sunday mornings at First Baptist Church of Grand Prairie.  Dr. Dale Sims was our teacher today and as he was getting into the lesson this morning I realized how blessed we are in this class to have the five amazing men who have agreed to be our teachers! It is truly amazing to observe and know so many men near my age who sincerely love God and openly are seeking and striving to be Men of God!  We have Dr. Sims, of course who is a professor at Dallas Baptist University and who happens to have a true gift for teaching and a keen sense of humor as well.  We also have Ray Bush who has a Masters degree, is a veteran who bravely served our country and who also has a keen sense of humor and draws very well so we always doubly enjoy his illustrations that are always part of his day to teach the lesson.  We also have Mr. Glen Cato who is a CPA, a Baylor graduate, and who has such a heart for God and is a big part of getting the "Victim's Relief" organization started here.  Glen too is a natural and gifted teacher who can bring such interesting and personal stories to us.  His wife is a speech pathologist whom I am blessed to get to work with!  We also have Mr. Steve Campbell who also teaches at DBU, was a Chief of Police but has retired from that, loves to hunt and fish, has raised great sons, and has an amazing wife that puts up with him!  He too has a keen wit and a gift of teaching!  He grew up at FBCGP and shares with us many fun stories from years ago here at First Church.  Our fifth teacher is Mike Rogers who is a retired teacher and was the head basketball coach at South Grand Prairie High School for many years.  Mike and his wife Karen have true hearts for God and he shares straight from his heart while also using many great sports analogies that keep us all engaged in the lesson!  
I felt unusually thankful as I looked around the room and saw so many couples and singles around my age, who all love the Lord, seek to follow Biblical principles, and faithfully come regularly to fellowship, study, worship and serve.  We share prayer requests, needs, and praises as well as answered prayers verbally and through our group e-mails and Facebook!  We encourage one another, minister to each other, and relish each other's presence often!  What a blessing!  I am so loving our Dinner 8 rotations where groups of us meet in one another's homes or out to eat together and get to know each other in smaller groups.
For so many years, I taught Sunday school in Missouri City and in Livingston or was a department director or outreach leader so I didn't get to just be a class member and be fed.  I am thankful for the experience I am having being an active member of this class at First Baptist Church of Grand Prairie!

No comments:

Post a Comment