Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cowntown 10K 2012

 Last February Bill and I ran the Cowtown Adult 5K and enjoyed the experience!  Brad did the 10K.


 This year our goal was to run and finish the 10K!
 The starting line!
 I started out smiling!  I think I can, I think I can, I was saying to myself as I was a bit nervous.

 Going along just fine!  Non of my fears materialized!  I was doing just fine, thinking well maybe I can actually do this!



 My amazing partner/coach, Bill!  I couldn't have done this past year's training without him!


 We made it!  We actually did it and it wasn't too challenging at all!
 This ole gal did it!  Not bad at 53, right?  Who says 53 year old joints, muscles, and hearts can't meet a challenge!
 We actually had fun!  5K last year, 10K this year, now to ramp up our training even more and prepare for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon, (13.1) miles, next February in Orlando to celebrate my retirement!
 I am so blessed to have these two amazing men in my life!

 My first running medal!  The 5K doesn't give out medals, only a t-shirt.  This year, doing the 10K I actually earned a medal and now I have an official time so I can be in a closer to the front corral at the Disney Princess 1/2!  It's required to have an "official" time to get closer to the starting line in a bigger race.  This way we will be in a group at about our same pace and not have to jostle around slow walkers, strollers, etc.
It was truly a victorious feeling to accomplish this goal!  So many life lessons learned training, running, walking, preparing, and then actually reaching a big long term goal!  Disney Princess Half Marathon 2013, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment