Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Dad's golf clubs

 This is my Dad's old set of McGregor Golden Bear golf clubs and bag from years back.  Daddy died of Cardiomyopathy back in 1996.  He was a wonderful man, a kind and loving daddy to us kids.  He and mom had almost 50 years together and they were a great example of a happily married Christian couple who always put God first, family second, and work third.
When we were going through Dad's old golf bag, I found an extra head cover with an M on it.  There is a 1,3, and a 5 wood but there is no wood or club to go in the M head cover.  I asked Bill what the M stands for?  He quickly said for a "Mashie"!  Seriously?  I think once again, he is teasing me and go google Mashie.  Well, lo and behold, he was speaking the truth!  A Mashie is a now obsolete club.  Different Mashies had different names!  Who knew?  Not me!
 Bill and Daddy played golf together at Bentwood and at Riverside in San Angelo several times.  I can't remember if they ever played the SACC course together or not.  I know Bill played that beautiful SACC course a few times but I don't think it was with Dad.  Anyway,  Bill and I recently redid Brad's old room and as Brad and I were discussing the decor, he and I decided to try to keep it as masculine as possible while still making it comfortable for a guest but inviting for Brad to stay in over the holidays etc.
                                           The Mashie head cover that there is not a club for.
                           Bill cleaned up all the irons really nice and they are pretty and shiny!
 I even vacuumed out the bag to be sure it was all real good and clean and that I wasn't bringing any unwelcome little visitors into my newly redone guest room/ Brad's old room!
                                                              Didn't they clean up nice!
                                                          Here's their new dwelling place.
What do you think?  Doesn't the color go perfectly with the new comforter!  I think I am pleased!  I think Brad will like it.  I ordered a new vintage bag tag with James D. Wimpee engraved on it and will attach it to the bag when it comes!  I think Daddy would have approved!

I am thankful for Godly parents who raised me lovingly and modeled good character, morals, and lifetime commitment to one another.  So many happy memories are part of my past because of James D. and Dixie Ann Wimpee.  I am very blessed.

Exodus 6:12 "Honor thy father and thy mother; that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee."

No comments:

Post a Comment