Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 4, 2011

How about, "Things I'm Loving Friday!"




With four days off work due to bad weather, I forgot it was Thursday yesterday so how about, "Things I'm Loving on Friday!"
I am LOVING being off work almost all week due to ice an beautiful, powdery, blanketing SNOW! Yes, I still live in Texas! This has been so nice! It reminds Bill and I of when we married in January of 1982. When we returned from our honeymoon and arrived back in Waco where I was in grad school and Bill was working for Baylor, a similar Northerner came through and shut the town down for a week! It was like we got an extended honeymoon except that I had to study for my Comprehensive Graduate Exams but still it was fun to be shut in and all cozy with my brand new husband in our little apartment in Waco!
I am loving cooking and loving feeding Bill, Brad, and my nephew Matt! Men are so good at expressing appreciation for food! It is so sweet and just encourages me to keep it up!
Gina's Skinny Recipes is my favorite website for tasty but healthy recipes!
I am loving sleeping late and having a second cup of coffee each morning! I am loving having the laundry ALL done and put away at the same time! I am loving having time to sit and read a book! Right now I am reading Karen Kingsbury's book, "Unlocked". It is Christian fiction and a great story about Holden, a high school boy who is locked in a prison of Autism. He is bullied at school by kids who see that he is very different. Ella Reynolds is a popular girl who was friends with Holden as a child. She believes miracles can happen and that friendship, faith, and the power of song might be strong enough to break through to Holden, through his prison of Autism. Great read. I also love reading John Grisham novels, and Terry Blackstock. Mystery until the very end is what makes their reads worthwhile.
I am loving that my brother Blake is bringing a beautiful Airstream trailer to DFW tomorrow which he has created for the Tito's tailgate at the Superbowl. It is truly a work of art! Blake is amazingly talented and this trailer/storefront for Tito's is proof of his abilities! I am just praying they can get it here safely on these messy roads.
I love that the Schwan Frozen Food Salesman made it across these awful roads to my house today! I bought Steaks, veggies, sweet potatoe fries, potato skins to have with steaks and veggies during the Superbowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment