Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dixie's Fudge and Spritz cookie recipes!

Every Christmas my mom, Dixie Ann, made Million Dollar Fudge and Spritz cookies! It just isn't Christmas to me without these two treats! I am carrying on her tradition! Here are her recipes!

Million Dollar Fudge

Combine:
4 1/2 Cups of Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 large can of Evaporated Milk
3/4 stick of marjarine

Cook:
Bring the above ingredients to a boil and stir continuously while gently boiling for a full 7 minutes

Pour over:
1 pound of chopped pecans
1 jar of Marshmellow cream
3 - 12 ounce packages of chocolate chips

Blend well and drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper to harden. Keep in air tight container.




Dixie Ann's Spritz Cookies


Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Measure out the following dry ingredients and sift together and then set aside:

2 & 1/4 cups of flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Beat in mixer until creamy:
1 Cup marjarine
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Gradually add dry flour mixture to creamy mixture with mixer running on low until all is mixed well and dough forms and holds together.

Load dough into cookie press of your choice. The Pampered Chef one is my all time favorite! You can sprinkle with sprinkles before baking if desired.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes until the edges just start to get golden.
You can also add food coloring to your dough and mix well if desired. Depending on the shape you choose on your cookie press you can do these for other Holidays as well! I do pink in heart shapes for Valentines and green color in a shamrock shape for St. Patricks! For Christmas I like the Christmas tree shape, the wreath, and the Ornament ball. You can also use no color and no sprinkles and it makes a great tea cookie! If your dough is refusing to stick to your cookie sheet, just refrigerate it a bit and try again. Good luck and enjoy!














I always cook some just plain too! Bill likes the plain ones the best!


This cookie press by "Pampered Chef" is my absolute favorite and I have gone through a lot of cookie presses! The ones from Dillard's and Macy's always end up breaking but this one has been faithfuland has continued to function year after year!







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I don't like fudge but this one sounds amazing--and hard to mess up! I think the reason I don't like fudge is because I always mess it up. I'll be trying your mom's recipe soon! p.s. your apron is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! I am loving reading your blog posts! You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete