Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 27, 2010

This eve of 2011....

As I think about the New Year coming I ponder turning a year older. My 52nd birthday is near and I am glad to still be here! Yes, I was born on New Year's Day in Iowa City, Iowa where my father was finishing his medical training. My mother said it was 17 degrees below zero when I was born! She just remembers how cold it was even in the delivery room and how my dad would come in occasionally and pat her on the foot. He was a busy resident so he couldn't stay, he had to come and go. She says they were thrilled to finally have a little girl to complete the family! I am thankful for wonderful parents and two great big brothers who have both become good friends to me.
As many of us prepare to celebrate the beginning of another year, many think about New Year resolutions. Do you write down new ones each year? I do! I keep them in my daily prayer notebook and I like to date when I achieve each one. I know, I'm weird but I actually enjoy this annual tradition! I also make everyone at my house eat some black eyed peas for good luck and prosperity for the coming year! My mom always did this so I do too!
I asked Bill to give me an appropriate scripture to bring focus to this time of year and here is what he suggested. Philippians 3: 13 &14 "...Forgetting what is behind, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
I like that! Forget and let go of what is past. This could suggest for you to forgive others, forgive yourself, and move forward. Let go of past hurts, failures,and disappointments. Start anew and press on toward the things God lays on your heart and mind as you seek His face in your daily prayer time and Bible reading. You can't go wrong if you press on toward what God calls you to do.

Write out what you hear God lay on your heart each day as you pray, read, and seek His face. It just takes a few minutes!

Well, let God's word imply what areas you may need to change....



Thinking about January 2011 makes me also think of February 2011! I ordered this cute Valentine apron for February! I want to let it inspire me to do something special for the ones I love! How can you show your loved ones you treasure them?



I am going to use my Pampered Chef cookie press to make these for friends and family for February 14th! Take a treat to someone you know who may be lonely or shut in on Valentines!





I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year!




Happy New Year, almost! I leave you with Philippians 4:8 "...whatever is true, whatever is Noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things."





No comments:

Post a Comment