Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 18, 2011

Please pray for the winds to calm...

Pray for all of Texas regarding these devastating wildfires. I am a West Texas native and I am especially praying for my West Texas friends and family as they battle, watch, and wait during this windy, dry, fiery war. Both my brothers own ranch land in West Texas. One in Mertzon and the other in the Christoval area. They are fine so far but so many friends are keeping vigil and fighting fire. Nearer to where I live now, the DFW area, the sky is hazy here and asthma sufferers are feeling the effects of smoky air from the Possum Kingdom area West of Ft Worth where fires rage and the efforts there to fight and contain the blazes are challenging.
My heart goes out to my fellow Texans.
Livestock and wildlife suffer as well.
Pray and ask God to calm the winds, raise the humidity, and send rain for all of Texas.


I attended Travis Elementary in San Angelo, Texas for 1st and 2nd grade and there I learned this state song that stays in my heart to this day.


Texas our Texas, all hail the mighty state!

Texas our Texas! So wonderful so great!

Boldest and grandest, withstanding every test,

Our empire wide and glorious, you stand supremely blest.


God bless you Texas! And keep you brave and strong,

that you may grow in power and worth, throughout the ages long,

God bless you Texas! And keep you brave and strong,

That you may grow in power and worth, throughout the ages long.

No comments:

Post a Comment