Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 30, 2011

What a wonderful royal event!

I love weddings! Melissa and I had more fun planning and then experiencing all the joys of her special day! All women were created by God to desire to be "captivating" and to be like a princess and find her prince who adores her totally and whom she adores exclusively! God made woman this way! The royal wedding event was such a nice and timely method of a needed mental escape, if only for a few hours of TV, but an escape from all the bad and heart wrenching news of tornadoes and of the poor economy as well as political turmoil in Washington.
Melissa, our princess, has been happily married for about a year and a half now! We just love and adore Jonathan and his family! Jonathan's mother, Diane, went to Baylor where Bill and I went as well!


I was so happy to have both my brothers and their families come and Bill's brother and sister's and most of their families! Our nieces, Hope and Brooke were the flower girls! Our nephew, Nathan was the ring bearer!

Melissa's dress was just perfect for her and just the one she wanted!



I loved Kate's dress!



My dress was purchased at Korona's in San Angelo, Texas and was a replica of the dress Adrian wore to marry Rocky Balboa in Rocky II. I loved it and I think it was very similar to Kate's dress!


We were so pleased with our photographers, Jenny and Eddie Martell! Melissa's dress was just so her!!


A few days before this royal wedding I was watching the Nate Berkus show and he was showing different ideas on how to have a tea party and watch the royal wedding. I hadn't been too terribly interested, with so much in the news about the devastation from the many tornadoes, the economy doing so poorly, and the political strife getting more and more outrageous and just shameful (Mr. Trump, please grow up, don't speak publicly, and just do you real estate business etc. privately and stay out of politics!!). However, when Berkus showed my same china that was "made in England" on a lovely tray all ready with tea and pastries for a fun watching party, I decided to do the same for Bill and I! Tea and blueberry muffins! We got up a little before 5 and had more fun watching! It brought back memories of getting up in the night to watch Charles and Diana's wedding years ago while I was a student at Baylor in my apartment on 4th Street in Waco!


In my opinion, our country's citizens truly could demonstrate more civility toward one another. Bill tells me that the British Parliament yells at one another and displays all sorts of drama but when they throw a wedding they demonstrate ultimate civility, courtesey, proper and modest behavior and manners. There were only 53 arrests out of probably 1 million in the crowds! I enjoyed watching the beautiful couple as they seemed to be truly happy and genuinely in love. His mother would have been so proud of him. I loved her dress! It is much like the dress I wore in our wedding!


The official wedding portrait.



The royal family.


They look so happy! I am so glad this prince found the perfect princess for him! I pray that they will be happy and grow old together and live "happily ever after"!


1 comment:

  1. I loved Melissa's dress - but I adored her vail. It is so my style and what I love. I love that 40's look to it. I figured Kate would do something in this genera because she stated her love for it.

    ReplyDelete