Happiness

Happiness
Where dreams come true!
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 14, 2011

So I got a new vacuum...

So, I got a new Shark upright Vacuum cleaner! I love it! After we got the new carpet I was Vacuuming with my two year old Electrolux tank Vacuum that I love and had coveted and wanted for years! I finally was able to get one and can you believe, everything now days is made of plastic! It broke! Well, a part on the neck broke inside so that when you pull it back toward you after pushing it away, well, the mechanism that should lock the neck extender in place is broken now so as you pull it back to you the whole neck thing extends way out.... oh, can't you just mentally picture this now! Lol! It really is funny, anyway, Bill duct taped it for me and it works great now so it's my upstairs vacuum cleaner now! Lol! I always wondered why my Mom's Electrolux had duct tape all over it! But she loved it and raved about it and always told me I needed one! Ok, I got my new Vacuum and.......... I decided that with my new carpet I didn't want my cleaning lady bringing her vacuum in my house anymore after she uses it in other homes with lots of cats. My Melissa is severely allergic to cats and if I let my lady come spray all that cat exhaust into my house Melissa may be triggered into a severe allergic attack when she comes next time. Also, I was raised by a mom who took Home Management 101 at TWU and took Microbiology and she taught me that you never let anyone use their vacuum in your house, you don't let anyone brush their teeth and spit into the kitchen sink, you don't sit on bed spreads, it wears them out, and you don't let anyone put their hands on the walls! It ruins the paint. Ok, get the picture? I was taught alot of things by my amazing Mom and I am becoming her! Lol! It's all good! Anyway, I did it, I let my cleaning lady go. When I told her very nicely that I had a new vacuum and I wanted her to start using only it and then my upstairs one there and not bring hers in she said "well, I don't know, that might hurt my back". Then Bill and I were home for lunch and Bill is adamant that she stay a full 3 hours each time she comes, she was at 2 and 1/2 hours in and she looks at Bil and says "well, do you want me to stay and wait on those towels to dry?" Oh, my, that was the WRONG thing to ask and the WRONG person to ask! Lol! Those of you who know my wonderful husband, I don't have to say anymore! Lol! She nailed the last nail in the coffin right there! opps! She had done tore her britches with him right there! How else can I say it, she sealed the deal! NOT! One day she arrived and asked me, "well, didn't Bill get those sheets off the bed and started in the wash for me today?" Seriously? Why am I putting up with this? Lol! Another day she said to me, "holler up to Brad and have him strip his bed and throw down his sheets to me!" I did love her and she was a help while I was planning and implementing Melissa's wedding but we truly can handle it all now on our own and save the money. Bill really is a GREAT help and he can clean all 3 and 1/2 bathroom well and fast! I do all the floors and the kitchen and we both dust and then do extra projects like the plantation shutters and windows and light fixtures on a rotating basis but not every week. He is such a great help and gotten better and better over the years! Our biggest joke is that every Saturday HE does the laundry, YES, I admit it, He does all our laundry every Saturday AND he does the yard and I don't help! Think about it now, I either delicate wash my own stuff during the week or take it to the best dry cleaners in the area, Arnold Brothers, so the "laundry" is really ALL Bill and Brad's stuff only! Well, maybe a pair of my socks now and then but that is it! We just laugh! He is really doing HIS laundry and Brad does do his himself some too! I am blessed with two great guys here but we DO all laugh A LOT! Brad and I had more fun tonight watching the last season of "Community". Brad attends TCC so it was extra meaningful to us! Chevy Chase is my brother Blake reincarnated! He is SO funny! Blake has always kept us rolling with laughter and has a view and humor all his own! Ok, I have done my floors and the kitchen now off to dust and maybe do the bathrooms for Bill tonight since he is at a church committee meeting. Hey, wait a minute.... how did he get out of "house cleaning" night?

No comments:

Post a Comment